Background & Experience
- California general contractor's license, specializing in design/build construction.
- Contributor/consultant to the development of the “Tilt-Up Supervisor Training for Certification” seminar for the American Concrete Institute (ACI).
- Seminar Presenter, 1998-2008, “Tilt-Up Supervisor Training for Certification” at World of Concrete trade shows and TCA symposiums.
- Tilt-Up Achievement Award for Outstanding Use of Tilt-Up Concrete Construction by Tilt-Up Concrete Association (TCA): 1998 Westland
- Giftware, Union City, CA; 2000 Supercom, Fremont, CA;
2002 Super Micro Computer, San Jose, CA; 2003 Valmark Industries, Livermore, CA; and 2005 Cornerstone Fellowship Church, Livermore, CA.
- Appreciation Award, in recognition of dedication to excellence in construction, New Life Church,2007.
- The Murray Parker Memorial Award, for outstanding contributions that advance the art of Tilt-Up construction, Tilt-Up Concrete Association (TCA), 2006.
- Reuse/Redevelopment Project of the Year, Cornerstone Fellowship Church, East Bay Times, 2004.
- Presidents Award for unselfish devotion and distinguished service as President, Tilt-Up Concrete Association, 2001.
- 2011 Recipient, Peter Coutois Memorial Award Given for the highest level of commitment to advancement and innovation in the Tilt-Up industry.
Off-road Race Car Designer/Builder/Driver.
License California General Contractor
Vice President, Construction Division Balch Enterprises, Inc., Hayward, CA
Founder/CEO, CEDC, Brentwood, CA
Founder/CEO, Extollo International, Pleasanton, CA
Sherman D. Balch is Vice President of Balch Enterprises, a builder/developer with over 40 years experience in the San Francisco Bay Area and Silicon Valley. Sherman directs the
Construction Division and brings a unique approach to the building industry. Specializing in the development and construction of concrete tilt-up buildings, he is recognized for his expertise as an innovator and visionary in the development of new methods, technology, procedures and value engineering for construction. Throughout his career, he has managed the construction of hundreds of buildings including residential, commercial, industrial, food processing plants, and technology centers. In addition, he has designed and built several churches and preschools. http://www.balchenterprises.com
Sherman founded Christian Education Development Company (CEDC), a 501 c (3), non-profit doing business as Celebration Christian Preschool, which opened in Brentwood, California in August 1999 and serves over 200 children and families.
In September 2012, Sherman also officially launched Extollo International, a non-profit organization, focused on educating, training, and equipping Haitians with employable skills. www.extollointernational.org